Friday, June 11, 2010

Fun night, but...

I went contra dancing tonight with Rose and Hailey, my little sister. For those of you who may not know, contra dancing was English country dancing around Jane Austen's era, and when it came to North America it was put to country dancing. It's a lot of fun, and quite a bit of a workout. You're constantly moving, and each dance takes ten to fifteen minutes, depending on the caller. It's easy to learn, and sooo much fun.

Anyways, I went tonight, hoping to get a good workout and really enjoy myself, but there just weren't as many guys as girls out there tonight, and I only got asked for two dances. It kinda bummed me out, I think. I definitely left there feeling like I had lost $7 (the entrance fee). This is something that I'm really good at, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like to show off, so it kinda hurt that I didn't get to get out on the dance floor any more than I did. And I'd say, "There's always next week," but I'm probably working next week... so maybe not.

Came home and fixed myself a mug of hot cocoa with a shot of Bailey's in it, which I considered to be a relatively good change (usually I come home and just eat whatever is in the pantry). I still need to do my exercises before I go to bed, but I'm not in any rush to hit the sack just yet either.

Not sure what my plans are for tomorrow yet, tho I am thinking about going to work out at the SAC at school.I've got nothing better planned, and a little cardio isn't a bad idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment