Monday, June 21, 2010

Work it, work it, work it!

So it's been a few days since I've been here, and usually that reeks of backwards steps, and heading in the direction that I do not want to go. But this time, it's actually because I've been pretty busy, not only in life but also in my WW journey.

Wednesday was not a good day for me. I feel like I hit rock bottom. I didn't eat well - after an entire day of not eating, I probably wasted most of my point on food I ate at work, which was not a good plan. After work, I went home and changed clothes, intending to work out at the SAC (Student Activity Center) at LU. But when I got there, they informed me that they were closing the ten minutes. I was so heartbroken; I had finally made an effort to go and work out, and it turned out to do nothing for me. I drove around Nashville, not wanting to go home, but feeling completely discouraged. I found myself eventually at Melissa's house (where my mom just happened to be... I think I ended up there for a reason), and they helped remind me that yes, this is hard work. But it's nothing I haven't been able to do before. We brainstormed some ways to help get me - and Melissa - back on track, and I went home feeling much better.

Apparently, hitting rock bottom was just what I needed. Thursday, I didn't count my points as religiously as I should have, but I did get on the treadmill at my parents' house for 30 minutes. Then, on Friday and Saturday, I got up early-ish to go to the SAC and spent 30 minutes on an elliptical machine and 30 minutes on an exercise bike. On top of that, I counted all of my points. Yesterday I wasn't so good, but it was Father's Day, and I was much more aware of what I was eating, how much I was eating, and listening to my body's hunger signals (or lack thereof). I've been pretty proud of myself, staying on track pretty well.

I had planned to get up this morning and work out, but considering that I only got four hours of sleep on Saturday night, I decided to sleep in and give myself another break. Buit you can bet, tomorrow I will be there for a full hour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment