Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm baaaaaaack!!!

So I know it has been entirely too long since I last updated. A lot of things have happened, some good, a lot not so good, and some just downright bad. All in all, yes, I have gotten waaaaaaay off track. And it has shown in my numbers. But I am as determined as ever to get back on track and do this for me.

I've graduated college since the last time I updated here, and since then, I have a lot on my plate. Trying to find a new job, which I'm finding soooo much easier in theory than reality. Moving back home, which I have mixed feelings about (I'm super bummed about losing my brother as a roommate, but I love my family and am happy to spend some time with them before moving out for good). And even though it's been almost three months, I still miss Grandaddy a lot, and not a day goes by when I don't think about him and wish he were still with us.

But despite all of this, I am determined to get back on this program. I deserve to be happy and confident in myself. I deserve to feel beautiful. And I deserve to be healthy. After all, I'm 22 years old, and I've just graduated college. These are the prime years of my life!! I want to look back on them one day and be proud of what I did during this time, not regret what I could have done.

So starting today, I am going after this with a fresh resolve. I am eating better, starting exercising (even if it's seemingly small - work with free weights and crunches), and drinking water out the wazoo.

In addition to all this, I'm putting in place a reward system to treat myself for every milestone I reach (a milestone being every 5 lbs. I lose). Tony, my boyfriend, is helping me - he offered to take my on a special date for every 5 lbs. I lose. He's always been very supportive of my Weight Watchers journey, even though he has loved me at any weight I've been at. He wants to help, and I think his contribution will definitely help keep me motivated.

The rest of the rewards are as follows:
30 lbs. - A coffee table book (I know this seems small, but I've wanted to buy one for a while now... Either a PostSecret book, or if I can find a good coffee table book on the Greek Pantheon... yes, I am a geek)
40 lbs. - Ouran High School Host Club, part II (I've been meaning to buy this for a looooong time, and now, I AM GOING TO GET IT, DANGIT)
50 lbs. - New article of clothing (Not sure what yet...)

I've gained almost 25 lbs. from my skinniest weight (having lost 48 lbs. last summer), so I have a ways to go before I get to where I was. But I'm going to get there. I'm doing this because I want to, not because I have to.

Here to a new me, a new today, and a new resolve to finally do this!

1 comment:

  1. yay! you're back!

    i've always rewarded myself too...but i need to stop thinking about food being a reward unless it's some super-healthy thing...so i'm going to figure out rewards for myself and post them on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete