Thursday, January 14, 2010

I slipped a little today...

Didn't do as well as I had planned to today... but I'm not gonna let it get me down.

I started out the day with a big breakfast, because I knew I was gonna be eating lunch around 3 pm this afternoon. I have class consistently from 11-2:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I have to wait til after class to eat lunch. I had two eggs, two pieces of bacon, and a yogurt. I thought I would be okay, and I was, for the most part. But when I got home, the baked Cheetoes were awfully tempting, and instead of having just a bowl of soup, I had come Cheetoes as well. Not the best choice, but my day wasn't shot yet.

It was at dinner that things went downhill. I worked for Bethesda tonight. For those of you who don't know, Bethesda is a ministry at my church that help sex addicts, and we do workshops for participants once or twice a month. My job there is to help set up and clean up after meals. It's no wonder everything fell apart at dinner. I had a roll or two (I counted three by the end of it all), and a bit of apple cobbler. Not the best choices.

Then when I got home, Anthony was fixing brinner for the guys coming over, and they fixed Sister Schubert Cinnamon Rolls. Yes, I had two. I wanted something sweet, so I ate them.

You know, the day wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, but I'm not discouraged. After all, last week I had a day when I got way off track, but I got focused and had fantastic results this week. So tomorrow is another day, and I know I will do better.

And even though I didn't make all the best decisions, I have to remind myself of the things that I did do right:
-I did my EA Active workout (even though I REALLY didn't want to today...)
-While I ate some food at Bethesda, I didn't go crazy and fix myself an entire plate. Instead I ate my Lean Cuisine when I got home, just like I planned.
-Even though I haven't journaled for the day (and I'm not looking forward to seeing how many points I went over), I'm still going to write everything down and count. I need to at least hold myself accountable.

Today I strayed a little from the path. But I know tomorrow will be better, because I will make sure that it is. :)

1 comment:

  1. hey...it happens. my day yesterday was pretty dismal too, and I STILL stepped on the scale today and saw a pound and a half gone from my weigh in 2 days ago. Think of it as a metabolism boost, learn, and go on.

    (how did you like the soup, by the way?)

    ReplyDelete