Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One day later, and I'm already off the wagon.

That's right. Didn't make the best choices today.

I mean, I started with good intentions. I got up early today and ate a small breakfast to tide myself over, since I was visiting a friend of mine. We were having a long-overdue Christmas get-together. And as it turns out, I had to leave earlier than intended in order to buy something I forgot. Problem #1: did not get to work out.

After that, we had lunch at Heather's place - Papa John's pizza. Now, I knew this was going to take points, so I only ate two pieces, which was kinda huge for me. Pizza is something I love, and I wanted a third piece so bad. But I knew I wasn't hungry, so I said no. So there's something I did right.

As it turned out, tho, we stayed much later than anticipated. I'm certainly not complaining about it; we had a blast together. But it did result in my itching for an afternoon snack, and when Rose pulled out the potato chips, I couldn't say no. Add on top of that I got an extra piece of Christmas cake, and yeah, I might have not made the best choices.

Then when I got home, my plan was to simply eat a Lean Cuisine for dinner... but that didn't work so well either. I saw leftover pizza from last night in the fridge (I know!! More pizza!!), so I had that and two small bowl of cereal instead. *sigh* I did not do as well as I anticipated today.

But I'm not beating myself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day, and I don't have any plans tomorrow that should put me off track. The most exciting thing I may be doing is going to a movie. I am a little worried about tomorrow night, tho. I will be babysitting, and I tend to stress eat a little when I do (I'm always a little on edge when I'm watching over someone else's children). But I really want to do well tomorrow.

And another good thing I did today: I journaled!! I have not tracked even one entire day in just months, and I practically blew it today. But I faced my choices, and I'm proud of that much. :)

Tomorrow, I will definitely be journaling, and I WILL be more on track. I want to see results on those scaled next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment